HEAD OF SALES
About this Position
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who is passionate and experienced in technology, start up concepts, winning new business, creating their own team, growth and challengingly progressive work environments.
- The key attributes for this role are:
- Understands the concepts of Lean and Agile
- Be well versed in the understanding of how tech businesses run
- Be a go-getter, with gumption to generate the business required
- Have strong progressive ethics
- Have a track record in business development, and building sales teams
- Be ambitious about building a highly innovative business
- Have a strong contact book which will help her to generate the business required
The specific responsibilities of the Programme Manager position include:
- Create sales strategy & targets
- Take ownership of lead generation and the sales pipeline
- Liaising with the CTO & CEO on leads, and strategy
- Building a sales and marketing team to scale the business
- Building relationships with clients and partners
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Think outside the box and do creative things to engage business owners and founders and get them to try and adopt Plaqad.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Manage the use of budgets
- Define optimal sales force structure
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Have a four-year degree in any related field from an accredited university
- Have at least 2 years of experience working in sales and business development
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Strongly motivated by Plaqad’s mission.
Benefits & Compensation
- Regular industry-standard salary
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided at the office daily