This Non Disclosure Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between Plaqad Inc with its principal offices at 32, Community road, Allen venue, Ikeja, Lagos. (“Disclosing Party”) and (“Receiving Party”) for the purpose of preventing the unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information as defined below. The parties agree to enter into a confidential relationship with respect to the disclosure of certain proprietary and confidential information (“Confidential Information”).
- Definition of Confidential Information. For purposes of this Agreement, “Confidential Information” shall include all information or material that has or could have commercial value or other utility in the business in which Disclosing Party is engaged. This includes all articles, pictures, written text and content bounded with this Content Provider Platform Agreement (CPP).
- Exclusions from Confidential Information. Receiving Party’s obligations under this Agreement do not extend to information that is: (a) publicly known at the time of disclosure or subsequently becomes publicly known through no fault of the Receiving Party; (b) discovered or created by the Receiving Party before disclosure by Disclosing Party; (c) learned by the Receiving Party through legitimate means other than from the Disclosing Party or Disclosing Party’s representatives; or (d) is disclosed by Receiving Party with Disclosing Party’s prior written approval.
- Obligations of Receiving Party. Receiving Party shall hold and maintain the Confidential Information in strictest confidence for the sole and exclusive benefit of the Disclosing Party. Receiving Party shall carefully restrict access to Confidential Information to all contractors/content creators as is reasonably required and shall require those persons to sign nondisclosure restrictions at least as protective as those in this Agreement. Receiving Party shall not, without prior written approval of Disclosing Party, use for Receiving Party’s own benefit, publish, copy, or otherwise disclose to others, or permit the use by others for their benefit or to the detriment of Disclosing Party, any Confidential Information. Receiving Party shall return to Disclosing Party any and all records, notes, and other written, printed, or tangible materials in its possession pertaining to Confidential Information immediately after the contract (content objective) is executed.
- Time Periods. The non-disclosure provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement and Receiving Party’s duty to hold Confidential Information in confidence shall remain in effect until the Confidential Information no longer qualifies as a trade secret or until Disclosing Party sends Receiving Party written notice releasing Receiving Party from this Agreement, whichever occurs first.
- Relationships. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deemed to constitute either party a partner, joint venturer or employee of the other party for any purpose.
- Severability. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall be interpreted so as best to effect the intent of the parties.
- Integration. This Agreement expresses the complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter and supersedes all prior proposals, agreements, representations, and understandings. This Agreement may not be amended except in a writing signed by both parties.
- Payments and Remuneration. The disclosing party will make payments twice a month (every 2 weeks) after completion and client signing off on the project as satisfactorily completed. This will cover all outstanding payments within the time period.
Projects with more than 2 weeks payment schedule will be clearly highlighted so you are aware and can decide whether or not you want to work on the project.
However, please note that the payment term specified in the concerned content brief will supersede any previous obligations stated in this agreement.
- Waiver. The failure to exercise any right provided in this Agreement shall not be a waiver of prior or subsequent rights.
In Simple English
- All content and intellectual property provided in the course of the agreement are created with the utmost discretion of all parties involved. You will not be allowed to share, replicate, distribute this content in any form or manner.
- Payout will occur twice every month. Hence payment for your services will be within the time period and agreement specified in your content brief.
- Plaqad inc, retains the rights and properties to all intellectual content binded by this agreement.
- Plaqad inc will provide you a brief to guide your content creation
- All content must be provided within the time period stated in the content brief.
- All content must be created with the utmost discretion.
- All writers are expected to have reached the age of 18 as at June 31st 2018
- Plaqad reserves the right to request at least 3 revisions of your written content.
- Re-assigning a content brief to a third party either formally or informally is strictly frowned against and will result in termination of contract.
- Plaqad and/or client reserves the right to all intellectual properties.
- Any citation or references to all intellectual property bounded within this agreement should only be done after seeking permission from Plaqad Inc.