CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
About This Position
We are looking for someone who is ready to take the next step in their career. The successful candidate is a passionate leader/technologist with saas experience to lead and scale during a rapid phase of growth. The CTO thrives in a dynamic environment and is extremely passionate about developing innovative technology and thinking ‘outside the box’. We are not just looking for a good technical lead, we are looking for a good cultural fit and leader.
This individual will work hand in hand with the company’s CEO, executive team, and board to establish a roadmap and a product vision to achieve the company’s goals and strategies. The CTO will be responsible for leading strategic planning for technology and development initiatives and must have the ability to evaluate and identify appropriate technology enhancements. You will be expected to share knowledge, mentor and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regards to the company’s technological vision!
You will also be expected to provide leadership in defining product requirements and overseeing product development from a design to execution basis as well as conduct code reviews and approve, propose and oversee development releases and the process.
The key attributes for this role are:
Leadership. You are passionate about building a team of leaders, coaching others and maintaining a high-performance culture. You pride yourself in your ability to foster an environment where people thrive and deliver their best performance. You are able to make decisions that are data-driven while being able to balance global best practices with local context.
Business orientation. You fundamentally understand how a business operates, and the various considerations and trade-offs that are needed to build for the long-term, while also meeting short-term requirements. You are able to intuitively translate Plaqad’s business plan into a set of activities that need to happen and incorporate local practices in execution.
Strategic thinking. You are able to see future opportunities and challenges and mobilize other Plaqadites to address these far in advance. You are also a strong problem solver who can find multiple ways forward.
Operational excellence and ability to build for scale. You’ve demonstrated expertise in designing and managing processes for scale and building lasting systems for strong personnel management.
The specific responsibilities of the CTO position include:
– Lead Plaqad’s initiative to bring technology in-house to better serve customers and business goals in pursuit of profitability
– Identify opportunities and formulate the strategy for improvement of the user experience and promotion of the platform and execute on those initiatives
-Lead dev team through the development of Plaqad’s mobile and web platform
-Assist in recruiting additional developer/s
-Design growth and scaling strategy, and fully support team as technical lead through funding rounds
-Identify opportunities and formulate strategy better to utilize technology to improve operational efficiency, and execute on those initiatives
-Create, improve and present technology portions of pitches to investors further to finance and scale Plaqad
-Help take Plaqad from MVP to mature product at nationwide scale
-Work with AI developer/s to integrate AI features into the mobile and web platform
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
– Are active in the technology ecosystem in Lagos and beyond
– Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
– Have at least 3 years of experience working in software development
– Is proficient ideally in ANY TWO of the following stacks and/or experience in:
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- iOS/Objective C
– Have experience leading technical teams using Agile methodologies
– Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
– A strong desire to mentor other developers
– Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
– Have excellent interpersonal skills.
– Have strong leadership skills.
– Strongly motivated by Plaqad’s mission
Benefits & Compensation
- Regular industry-standard salary
- Accommodation and Transport Allowance
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch provided at the office daily